Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yay! Rough! Whoops!

So, I graduated with an undergraduate degree in history from the University of Missouri six days ago... and like any good liberal arts student... I start graduate school at Ole Miss in August. My masters work will be in Higher Education Student Affairs... which, if you don't know me or I haven't already explained this to you.... is educational path to a career in students affairs-- working at university in residential life, academic advising, student life, new student programs, Greek life, etc. Right now, my bottle of wine and I have decided that Greek Life Alcohol Education (no it is not an oxymoron) is my ultimate career goal... but I guess when I enter the real world... we will see have to see how real that is.

Okay, so I guess I have presented my background to provide a sliver of legitimacy... and when I say a sliver.... I mean it- just a sliver. The intention of this blog is reflect on college as a journey... I guess for entertainment to those post college, as advice to those pre college and for the rest of the world- a pointless blog.


After reflected on the last four years... I narrowed down all of my feelings, actions, experiences and disasters into three simple words (ish- I am not sure if Yay! is a word or an expression)... anyway... College is adventure full of crazy things, so I guess as a continue to reflect... maybe I will have to add some more words or expressions... we will see. Get excited. Reading this blog is an adventure of a lifetime. I guess I should wrap up and start racking up some stories/tales/advice to spread to the world wide web.


Five Thoughts from a Post Graduate:
1. Liberal Arts degrees aren't worthless... they just aren't worth a lot.
2. Go. To. Class.
3. Dorms... worst and best experiences of your life.
4. Never trust alcohol that flows from a fountain in the basement of a fraternity house.
5. Don't be afraid to make mistakes and do silly things.

No comments:

Post a Comment